Thursday, July 28, 2011

Thrift or Bust

Hi friends!

Today I went thrifting with some friends. I got 7 items for a grand whopping total of $10! It's so much fun to find some person's trash and make it your treasure. I just love old things! But anyways... here are a few pictures of our thrifting adventures.

Old books... stop it. stop it right now.

A camp approved bathing suit! (the shorts are attached!)

SEEEEEE

This also reminded me of a random cheer at camp.
 If you're a staffer take a guess :)

this just makes me laugh. 
I found an old hymnal! Yeah!




Okay, so after I left the thrift store I went to Payless. As you are looking at the above picture you might be thinking to yourself, "Those shoes look like Toms." Well if you were thinking that you are wrong. These shoes are called Airwalk "Hope" shoes and they are way better than Toms! Don't believe me, well let me prove it. 

For starters, they cost $30 less than the pair of Toms that I own. They are also more durable, and are made out of a thicker canvas material. They partner with World Vision and donate one pair of shoes to a child in need, but get this: the organization is founded with an evangelical backbone, therefore the child receiving the shoes hears the gospel. What could be better than that?

Got ya hooked yet? :)

Bless.



No comments:

Post a Comment